See Where Softer Water Takes You, With the Best in Coachella Valley Water Softening
Remove hard water, and the problems it causes in your home, with an advanced, energy efficient water softener from Culligan.
Hard water throughout the Coachella Valley does more to damage homes, and the people in them, than you might realize. Minerals and dissolved solids that make Indio’s water hard can also impact how your water tastes and works in your home.
For example, minerals like calcium, magnesium, and iron can take a toll on your appliances which have to work overtime to get the job done. This ends up costing you extra in utilities every month.
Because most of the city of Indio and the Coachella Valley’s water comes from an underground source, these hardness-causing minerals are common and can range in concentration depending on the neighborhood, and even house by house.
Many area residents see effects of hard water in their home in the form of chalky, white buildup around fixtures. This also means there is buildup you can’t see (like inside your pipes and major appliances) that can be costing you in electricity each month and in overall appliance life and performance for water heaters, washing machines, and more.
Coachella Valley Hard Water
In addition to the problems hard water can cause for plumbing and appliances, it can also impact how water tastes and smells. These contaminants can even carry over into how beverages and foods taste.
Hard water is also known for being tough on skin and hair, often leaving both feeling dry or itchy, especially in the winter months. Many people also notice nails can be more brittle and prone to cracking or splitting as a result of hard water.
It’s also common for hard water to make you run through personal care and cleaning products quickly. The minerals in this kind of water inhibit the formation of suds, meaning you use more to clean less, and less efficiently. Soft water, by contrast, lathers quickly and with very little product, for a cleaner, faster, more effective rinse.
"We were surprised with how much water could be. Renting a Culligan water softener definitely has its benefits. It is hard to get my wife out of the shower because she loves the water so much!" - Leslie H., Palm Springs
"After seeing Culligan's commercial about hard water spots and stains, my husband and I realized our water quality could be a lot better. Culligan got us the right water conditioning equipment at a very affordable price." - Miguel R., Coachella Valley
Trusted Water Softening from the California Water Experts
Remove problem-causing dissolved minerals from Coachella Valley water quickly and effectively with Culligan’s advanced water softeners. Designed to target the Indio-area’s specific hard water problems, you’ll experience water that works better everywhere in your home, and leaves you with a fresher taste in your mouth.
With water softening solutions customized for area water problems, you can count on the Culligan Water experts to soften up even the most stubborn hard water problems.
Your Indio Culligan Man always tests your water for free, reviews the results with you, and provides expert water softener installation and maintenance — for the best possible home water softening for the life of your product.
Learn more about the home benefits of a Culligan® Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener!
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Soap scum and stains are two of the most visible problems associate with hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Hard water will clog your pores, leaving your skin dry and itchy. Your hair can also become damaged and unmanageable due to hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Calcium and Magnesium in your water can cause your laundry to become stiff or hard. A Culligan Water Softener will not only make your water softer, but also reduce your detergent use. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Soap Scum/Lime Buildup
Soap scum and lime build up are the residues that you see left behind on faucets, in your tub and in your sinks. It’s caused by hard water and can be damaging to your pipes and fixtures. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Spots on Glass/Cloudy Glassware
Hard water will leave your glasses spotted and dirty looking even when they come straight out of the dishwasher. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
Total dissolved solids include a wide range of organic and inorganic compounds found in your water such as nitrates, chloride and phosphates. Culligan has a customized treatment solution based off of the TDSs found in your water, and can recommend the perfect solution for your home.
Water Softener Benefits
- Reduce utility bills with softer, more efficient water.
- Extend major appliance life — from the dishwasher, water heater, washing machine, and more.
- Enjoy better-tasting water free of mineral aftertaste or foul smells.
- Improve the look and feel of hair, skin, and nails.
- Help laundry last longer, and look better, with soft water that’s gentler on fabrics.
- Use, and spend, less on personal care and cleaning products that go farther — and feel better — with softer water.
Coachella Valley Water Softener
Coachella Valley residents have trusted their water to Culligan for more than 80 years. Our customer service, cutting edge water softening technology, and local expertise goes beyond the basic water quality in Southern California to help you find the right water softening solution in your home.
- Indio water experts test your water to help you learn more about it, and review solutions for best way to soften it in your home.
- Culligan water softeners include professional installation, routine maintenance, and dedicated customer service to make sure you’re always getting the most out of your water softener.
- We’re proud to offer one of the the most efficient water softeners on the market today, the Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener.
- We know water, and water softening technology, it’s why we hold more patents for water softening and treatment than any other water company.
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. Hard water can reduce the quality of water in your home and may also be driving up your water bills, cleaning costs and more. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Hard water can cause corrosive build of scale from mineral deposits in your pipes. Over time, your pipes can clog, water flow can diminish and water pressure will be reduced. Your local Culligan water expert offers range of water softener products that fits your needs, wallet and for every size of household.
The Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener is the most efficient water softener in the market. You save more on water, salt, and electricity with patented smart technology that makes our high-efficiency water softeners up to 46% more efficient than other softeners. Not only will you be saving your wallet by reducing water and electricity costs, but you will also be decreasing your home’s environmental footprint.
Water Softener Product Specifications
Culligan’s proportional brining allows your softener to regenerate only that part of the resin bed that has been exhausted, reducing its salt usage.
- Automatic bypass valve provides the convenience of bypassing the water softener from the softener itself or the remote display.
- Patented Culligan Aqua-Sensor® technology automatically adjusts to changes in water conditions so the softener only regenerates when needed, saving you salt, water, and money.
- Our smart brine tank automatically monitors salt levels and tells you how many days of salt are remaining.
- Exclusive Culligan Soft-Minder® meter monitors daily water use and provides advanced system diagnostics.
- The easy-to-read backlit display with digital clock lets you know your softener is working and alerts you to any system malfunctions.
- Culligan’s Dial-a-Softness® Valve allows you to customize the “feel” of your water, so it never feels too soft or too hard.
Frequently Asked Questions about Culligan Water Softeners
1. Will my water teste salty?
No. A properly functioning water softener will never make your water taste salty. The small amount of sodium added to the water will never create a salty taste.
2. How do I know if I have hard water?
Hard water usually manifests itself in several ways. It leaves white residue behind wherever water evaporates. When hardness reacts with soaps and detergents, it leaves a sticky soap scum behind, and in hot water heating systems it leaves behind a hard scale.
3. How does a water softener work?
A water softener works through a process known as “ion exchange,” which means that as it removes calcium and magnesium (elements that make water “hard”), it replaces those ions on a one for one basis, usually with sodium. This means that the amount of sodium added to the water is directly proportional to how hard your water is. In most instances the amount being added is so small that it is not a significant contributor to the amount of sodium in your diet.
4. Will a water softener reverse the damage that has already been done to my appliances?
Yes, if your hard water has been building up scale in your appliances, once you install a softener it will begin to remove that built-up scale. It will take a long time to remove it, but it will remove it.
5. Will the softener remove all impurities from my water?
Unfortunately, no. A water softener is designed to remove hardness (calcium and magnesium) from water. They can sometimes remove a limited amount of iron and manganese if you happen to have these problems as well. But if you are looking for great water for drinking and cooking, you should probably consider a reverse osmosis system for that purpose.
6. Are there chemicals used or put into the water to soften the water?
Other than salt or potassium chloride, there are no other chemicals that a water softener uses. On the contrary, using a water softener reduces the amount of cleaning supplies and detergents that you need to put down the drain trying to keep your home and family clean. Using a water softener is very environmentally friendly.
7. How long after installation will I have soft water?
Once a softener is installed, it will begin to soften your water immediately, However, if you have a tank-type hot water heater, it may take a few days to use up that hard water, until you feel the full effects of soft water.
8. How often do I need to add salt?
Most good softeners today, recharge based on how many gallons of water you use, and how hard your water is to start with. However, most of our customers today are adding salt once or twice a year, on average.